Shop Now. Mobile and Fixed Wireless Cellular Networks
We service the public with manufacturer direct hi-speed mobile cellular networks.
Cradlepoint R920 Ruggedized Router
The R920 Series is a ruggedized LTE router that provides flexible connectivity and security for vehicles and IoT deployments. With its IP64 rating, certifications for public safety networks, and support for a managed accessory that allows the addition of a 5G modular modem, the R920 is ideal for a wide range of use cases, including:
- Automobile trunks: The R920 can be mounted in the trunk of a vehicle to provide reliable and secure connectivity for passengers and devices.
- Warehouses: The R920 can be deployed in warehouses to provide connectivity for devices such as barcode scanners, RFID readers, and mobile workstations.
- NEMA enclosures: The R920 can be mounted in NEMA enclosures to provide connectivity for outdoor and industrial applications.
- Harsh environments: The R920 can withstand harsh environments such as extreme temperatures, dust, and moisture.
The R920 is also highly extensible with APIs, SDKs, and integrations into IoT platforms. This makes it easy to integrate the R920 into existing IoT systems. The generous memory supports onboard edge containers and security services, allowing the R920 to process data and provide security at the edge of the network.
When coupled with the Cradlepoint NetCloud service, the R920 provides a comprehensive solution for managing and securing vehicle and IoT deployments. NetCloud provides connectivity, network, security, and location services to connect everything in the vehicle or IoT deployment. It also provides IT access to secure remote management, troubleshooting, and analytics without requiring onsite staff.
The Mobile Performance service plan adds a full suite of security and AVL capabilities, including threat management, web filtering, application visibility, analytics, and advanced GNSS/GPS functionality with location tracking and cellular coverage maps.
The R920 also supports NetCloud Exchange services, which provide Zero Trust Network Access and 5G optimized SD-WAN.
- Businesses and organizations that deploy vehicles or IoT devices
- IT professionals who manage vehicle or IoT deployments
- System integrators who design and deploy vehicle or IoT solutions
Built for vehicle and IoT deployments
The R920 Series is a versatile LTE router with a wide span of use cases. It meets the needs of flexible connectivity and standardization by providing mass transit, public safety, and other organizations with support for a 5G modular modem, edge computing, Bluetooth, and CBRS for private networking.
High-Performance Vehicle Connectivity
The Cradlepoint R920 router with the NetCloud Mobile service plan provides a ruggedized GNSS/GPS-enabled in-vehicle network solution. Combined with the RX20 Managed Accessory, the R920 can be field upgraded to include a second LTE or 5G modem. When coupled with the Advanced Mobile service plan, it provides threat management, web filtering, application visibility, analytics, and advanced GNSS/GPS functionality such as location tracking and cellular coverage maps. The R920 also supports NetCloud Exchange services, which provide Zero Trust Network Access and cellular-optimized SD-WAN.
Ruggedized IoT Solution
When combined with the NetCloud Ruggedized IoT service plan, the R920 provides a versatile, ruggedized 4G LTE router solution for connecting and protecting IoT devices at scale. It can be deployed in a wide range of environmentally harsh IoT use cases such as kiosks, building automation, oil and gas, utility, and smart city infrastructure deployments. The ruggedized design and the CBRS band support make it ideal for private networks. In addition, the solution is highly extensible with APIs, SDKs, and integrations into IoT platforms, and the generous memory supports onboard edge containers. The R920 also supports NetCloud Exchange services, which provide Zero Trust Network Access and cellular-optimized SD-WAN.
Key Software Capabilities
Cradlepoint NetCloud Service for the R920 provides everything needed to unlock the power of LTE and connect vehicles, users, and IoT to critical applications and services. The available NetCloud IoT or Mobile service plans include the appropriate router software with powerful cloud management features for managing IoT at scale, or specific mobile features like coverage maps, integrated content filtering, intrusion detection and protection, and application-aware analytics and networking. Everything within NetCloud works together, making it easy to deploy, connect, and secure edge applications at scale across the organization.
NetCloud uses GNSS/GPS and cellular health to provide precise location and signal strength analytics. Data can be mapped to display both a vehicle’s current and historical locations, as well as generate detailed coverage maps that display cellular health, allowing users to gain operational insights and solve problems.
NetCloud Service includes security features and options to optimize the R920 router to meet the evolving security needs of mobile and IoT environments. The service includes a stateful zone-based firewall with the ability to add application-aware zone-based firewall, CP Secure Threat Management (IPS/IDS), and CP Secure Web Filter with the Advanced Mobile service plan.
The R920 supports NetCloud Exchange (NCX), a unified network and security WAN architecture built upon zero-trust principles and optimized for cellular. NCX helps lean IT organizations simplify deployment and management with shared policies and simplified processes.
Extensibility and Integrations
NetCloud Service and the R920 router can provide higher levels of insights and control by exchanging network data with third-party applications. Leverage pre-built connections to partner applications or create custom connections across a variety of use cases using the NetCloud Container Orchestrator, NetCloud SDK, or NetCloud API.
NetCloud Manager delivers true zero-touch deployment with the ability to define and deliver policy across entire groups of endpoints. Users can create a cloud-orchestrated hub and spoke VPN network, and gain insights and analytics required for rapid troubleshooting and diagnostic workflows.
- Gain fast, reliable connectivity with Cat 7 LTE providing fast upload for video and data
- Add a second LTE or 5G cellular modem for multi-link dependability
- Prioritize access to public safety networks for reliable, secure connectivity
- Enable unified edge security with application-aware multizone firewalls, IDS/IPS, and available FIPS 140-3 Level 1 Implementation Under Test
- Extend your deployment and enable customized solutions with powerful edge compute capabilities, including containers, connectors, SDKs, and API support
- Utilize the R920 on private cellular networks with Band 48 CBRS
- Flexible connectivity for vehicles and IoT deployments
- Ruggedized design for harsh environments
- Generous memory supports onboard edge containers and security services
- Cradlepoint NetCloud service provides comprehensive connectivity, network, security, and location services
- Mobile Performance service plan adds a full suite of security and AVL capabilities
- NetCloud Exchange services provide Zero Trust Network Access and 5G optimized SD-WAN
Mobile & IoT
5G Ready with Modular Modem
2 GbE (LAN/WAN switchable)
Yes — embedded
Yes — with RX20
|Network Operator Standards
PTCRB (U.S.), GCF (global)
|Network Operator Certifications
AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa & Middle East, Asia-Pacific
|Public Safety Networks
FirstNet Trusted, T-Mobile Connecting Heroes, Verizon Frontline
940 Mbps (Firewall)
|VPN Tunnel Count
Dual-band, dual-concurrent; 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6)
-30 °C to 70 °C (-22 °F to 158 °F)
|Antennas & Power Adapter Included
IoT Package only
|Private Cellular Network
Yes — CBRS, 4G LTE